allrecipes.com when searching for a simple breakfast idea. The recipe actually called for sausage that I replaced with some crispy left over bacon from breakfast I cooked the day before.
Taste wise it worked out great to add some sharp and strong flavors like sun dried tomatoes and sharp cheddar cheese. There are really no boundaries to your creativity when it comes to the stuff you can put into these muffins. A tasty new, fun and playful way to look at the first meal of the day.
You will need:
• 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped
• 4 strips of bacon, chopped
• 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
• 1/4 cup of broccoli, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• dollop of sour cream, dollop of ketchup-hot-sauce mix (optional for dipping and garnish)
• Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
• Combine all the ingredient besides the optional garnish in a large bowl
• Pour mixture evenly into 6 greased muffin cups
• Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until center is cooked (knife inserted toward center comes out clean)
• Remove from muffin pan and serve warm
These would also work out great as cold tapas in form of a Spanish Omelette variation with potatoes added.